Tuesday, January 19, 2010

OUR NEW ADDITION

So again I find myself apologizing for not writing for so long but this time I have a really good reason. So much in our life has changed in the last few weeks it nuts! Last Sunday (the 10th) we were pulling into the church parking lot when Pat's phone rang, we got the terrible news that Pat's grandmother had passed away. It was kind of expected she had been in a lot of pain for a very long time, so the news came with a sigh of relief. However, we had already planned that on that day we would be driving to Cincinnati to pick up our new puppy. So after church we did it, we drove to Cincinnati and got our little Henry. Here are some pictures of our new Great Dane Pup!

This last one is Henry's dad and a rough estimate of Henry's size! Henry has been the best puppy with limited accidents in the house. But boy when we want to go to bed he whines and whines and whines. We are running on empty here, no sleep for us!

So Wednesday we traveled, both pups in the toe to Poland Indiana for Pat's Grandmothers funeral. That day was really hard on the family with the worst part being a visit to Pat's Grandfather in the Alzheimer's wing at the nursing home. They had told him the day before that his wife passed away, but unfortunately he was not able to attend the funeral and when we got there he didn't even remember. It was truly one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

After the funeral and all the others goings on that day we headed home plus one more dog. Pat's parents are on vacation this week in Costa Rica and we get their dog JR. So here I am with a hurting husband a new puppy, chip, and old man river (JR). JR is very old and grumpy he needs a lot of medicine and special attention. So needless to say I am stretched pretty thin.

When we think it can't get any worse in the car on the way home from the funeral Pat got the call we have been waiting for. The "powers that be" had named a successor for Pat's boss's job....... Pat unfortunately did not get the job. They are bringing in someone new whom Pat will have to train to be his boss. This company astounds me! Pat is currently doing the job by himself yet they think he is not "seasoned" enough to handle it. Both Pat and I were devastated and emotionally drained. The next day Pat had a face to face with the regional boss to talk about his job performance and figure out job situation. Well he had some "good news".... Pat's next move will be to a terminal about six months from now. You guessed it! There is no terminal for 68 miles from here and he wont be stationed there, they're thinking Decatur Illinois. So now we get to get our house ready to be put on the market and start thinking about packing.

please pray for us and our new puppy! we are being challenged everyday, but i know god wouldn't give me more than I can handle.

Cassie

2 comments:

  1. Cassie,
    Your new puppy is adorable! (Although I will admit that my heart jumped for a second when I read the title of the post.) I'll keep your family in my prayers as I know it is never easy to lose a loved one. And I'll cross my fingers for you and Pat as your wait to hear your next move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie,
    He is going to be HUGE! Eric and I just got another dog as well. :)

    ReplyDelete