Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Pat and I made it home from vacation! We had a wonderful time, so relaxing. However, I was a total failure at taking pictures. I did not take one picture the whole trip!
The good news is when we got home we were greeted by these pretties! While we were gone my delphinium plants bloomed so I cut some and and put them in the kitchen! I think they are so beautiful!

Also before we left my dad's house in Louisville I spied an amazingly huge lavender bush I had never seen before! So I cut this group out, didn't even make a dent in the plant... Its huge! Anyone who knows me knows that Lavender is my absolute favorite!


After all the traveling I cant tell you how good it feels to be at home with the dogs and my husband! We are relaxed, rejuvenated, and ready to start another cycle. This week my old friend AF came to visit. Although we did not take any hormones this past cycle I was still praying that we would be one of those couples that magically get pregnant on their month off. Well not so much. So Monday I started, and yesterday I went in for a baseline ultrasound. This measures my ovaries to ensure they are not hyper-stimulated. My ovaries were tiny so we are all set to go. This morning was the first pills of the month and Friday we will begin our injection cycle again!
I am trying to remain positive, but stay relaxed. In the months past I woke up every morning at the same time to take my temperature. This would show a temperature spike at ovulation and then fluctuate, then rise to stay steadily high for a few weeks. While doing this I analyzed every little fluctuation, every time it dropped a degree I freaked out. And the worse part is that every morning I woke up with a reminder that I am still not pregnant. This cycle is different. Forget the thermometer I'm flying blind, well as blind as I can with scheduled injections, ultrasounds, and IUI.
This month I am also not going to do any ovulation kits. While doing the injections and having an HCG trigger shot I will ovulate so I am not gonna freak myself out I'm just going to try and relax! Easier said than done!
God Bless,
Cassie R.

No comments:

Post a Comment