Sunday, August 1, 2010

A whole month later

So sorry I haven't been blogging I cannot believe that it has been a whole month. Pat and I have had sooooo much going on, our lives are so busy. Here's whats been going on...

1. Right when we got home from vacation we started another cycle of injections. We did the same thing as the previous injection cycle, 5 days of femara and 5 injections of follistim followed by an ultrasound an HCG injection and IUI. This month we were as always really really hopeful, I kept myself super super busy and tried not to think about it too much (like that's possible). Well I am really disappointed to say that it didn't work. We kind of had a small glitch, when we went for out ultrasound around the middle of our cycle I only had one mature developed follicle. Well the last cycle I had almost 5 and this cycle 1! NO GOOD! I was super disappointed because here we are paying a lot of money and investing a lot of emotion into the process and we only had one follicle, and we had better results taking clomid (aprox $16) than injections ($$$$$). I was so frustrated, but remaining positive because technically all you need is one follicle that's what most normal women have every month, however this past month was another disappointment.

2. The day after our IUI we went to Louisville for my mother's boyfriend, Kevin's birthday. We had a wonderful weekend filled with swimming, cooking out, kayaking, fishing, and visiting. I had such an amazing time and I was really keeping my mind off of our situation. While we were at my mom's house Kevin's grandchildren came over for a cookout and swim. Pat and I had such an amazing time with these children. They are Jenna 7, and Chase 8. They are two wonderful loving kids who maybe haven't had the most stable home life so far. And I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing that Pat and I don't have many children in our life so we don't have any interaction at all with kids, but after that day spent swimming and fishing with those kids who weren't even ours both mine and Pats hearts were so full. Its days like that spent with children that re-energizes us in this process to become parents, it reminds us really why were doing this.

3. Upon coming home from Louisville I decided I wanted to re-do my guest bathroom. I wanted to make it more a part of the house. When we moved in we painted the entire house in 3 days and the guest bathroom just got the left over paint from the office. I was never entirely thrilled with it, it has never been my favorite so with a little inspiration from the DIY network and magazine, it went from

Really boring! This room was a dark beige color which i love in the office but for this room which has no natural light it was way to dark. The light fixture matched the wall color so you couldn't see it at all and it was just blah. With a little research I added the molding treatment to the wall, thanks to Amy Mathews from the DIY network, i felt inspired! I Then painted it a hideous color (another post to follow), then a gray green! After a week of work, mostly painting I love it!

4. The Hubs and I installed crown molding in all of the rooms of our house. It took forever, cutting, nailing, patching, sanding, taping, painting, and caulking, and caulking again because the first time I did it I used clear caulk which dried clear and did nothing! Also we paint the tray ceiling and installed crown up there, It took forever and we had to drop cloth everything in our room, but it turned out beautifully!

5. After completing the crown molding I took off for Louisville to stay the night with my dad and his girlfriend, Dee. I stayed at their condo for the night so the next morning I could pick up my friend Laura from the airport! I was so lucky because all of my best friends came to see me! Laura flew in from Charlotte, Alli (who is home from Kuwait) came from Columbus, Kim came from Lexington, and Katherine came from Indianapolis. POOR PAT! Everyone stayed in our tiny house but it was sooo fun! I had an amazing time being surrounded by my supportive and loving friends. On Saturday we headed about an hour South to Owensboro and stayed the night with Lindsey in her old/new BEAUTIFUL home! It was such a blast being with everyone! Then Sunday night I took Laura back to the airport :( and then headed back to Jasper.

6. Monday morning bright and early I headed down through Owensboro again to pick up my cousin Little Laura. Little Laura stayed with us all week and we went fishing, and exploring, and to the movies! Ill write more about that later. We also had sooo much fun!

7. Which brings me to now. Because I only had one follicle last time my doctors let me do another cycle right away, without taking a break. So I am all swollen (I look about 4 months pregnant) and hormonal, but so excited. The doctors have up-ed my dose which has resulted in more cramps, back pain, dizziness, and crying, but if there's anything Ive learned in the past month being around children it is that I will do anything to become a mom, ANYTHING!

I promise to blog more this is my mission. We have so many BIG things happening ill keep you posted! Until then God Bless!

Cassie R.

No comments:

Post a Comment