Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ode to my husband!

I think that so many times when a couple is struggling with infertility the woman is often the one prayed for or thought of. There are tons of resources for women struggling with infertility, but not a lot for men. So many times the husbands are forgotten. They are going through this too! My husband has been amazingly supportive, he's really been wonderful through this whole process until the other night....
One of the most disgusting things ever happened in my household. It was ALL my fault and I take FULL responsibility! Pat had every reason to be angry and now I want to publicly apologize for this awful thing. Honey I'm SORRY!
So now that your all intrigued I'll try and tell the story. This week (starting last Thursday) could be a fertile time for me. I am not taking hormones this month, but because I was on them for so long and my cycle was regular while taking them I could ovulate and have a regular cycle this month, maybe. So I bought an over the counter OPK (ovulation predictor kit). For this test you pee onto the stick, similar to a home pregnancy test. Well I HATE pee. Through this whole thing i have peed into more cups and onto more sticks than one should ever have to! And through it I've learned its far more accurate and easier if you pee into a cup and dip the stick into it. SO, I keep a cup in the bathroom for this week. I use it once a day rinse it out really well and then I put it on the floor behind the toilet.My husband has never even seen this cup before. He never even knew it was there. I was very discrete. Until now...
My husbands parents came to town this weekend and as usual I went nuts cleaning the house the day before they came. So when I was scrubbing the floors on my hands and knees I accidentally placed my pee cup onto the counter next to Pat's sink and I guess i forgot to put it back.... Unknowingly that night he filled it up and drank out of it. That's right he drank out of my pee cup. EWWWW! BAHAHAHAHAH! I didn't realize it until the next evening when I went to use it to take my test and I couldn't find it. I walked into our bedroom and saw it on his nightstand. The fit that he threw was completely warranted. Honey I am so sorry you have been amazing through this entire process and I'm pretty sure you've gotten little support from every one. I love you and you are going to make an amazing father one day! I cant wait to see you with our children! I love you!
Cassie
p.s. im really sorry to tell everyone, but it's REALLY funny!

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE that you said "EEEEWWW!" followed by "BAAAHAHHAHAH"....oh my goodness that is hilarious! I can't believe he let you tell this story...but I'm so glad he did! I am dying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't have your email address but i'm pretty sure it's your BIRTHDAY...so I wanted to stop by and say...hope your day is super sweet..filled with love & cake!

    <3 you-
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MY GOSH!!! This is hilarious! Poor Pat!

    I hope you had a wonderful birthday today and I am going to be praying for you guys. This is the first time I visited your blog, so I had no idea what you were going through.

    ReplyDelete