Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Prayers for Grandpa!

Today is a really anxious day for me. My grandfather was taken in for surgery today to remove his prostate. He suffers from prostate cancer and hopefully today will correct everything he has been struggling with. I have previously blogged about what an inspiration my grandfather has been to me throughout my entire life, truly in all aspects. His e-mail last week was just another marker along the path of his walk with Christ. His mass e-mail simply stated he was at peace. What an inspiration, here he is about to under go a huge operation and he was simply at peace. He has taught me in my life that no matter how much we want, hope, and pray for things it is HIS will that will come to fruition.
Today I pray that it is HIS will to guide the surgical team and to help my grandfather make a swift and full recovery, to live a much longer life with my grandmother, and hopefully one day to meet his great-grandchildren.
I am also praying for a friend of mine whose Dad had surgery yesterday. May he make a full recovery also.
Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God.
I'll give you strength. I'll help you.
I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.
Isaiah 41:10
I am also hoping that today I will be able to be at peace. This has shaken me more than i thought. Launching me into a full scale panic attack last night. After speaking with my grandmother and my dad I have sort-of calmed down. Hopefully by the end of the day we will have some good news! Until then.... just keep praying please!
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment